The Public Reference Room provides a place for members of the public to view official Commission documents. The Public Reference Room, along with eLibrary, are the Commission's primary channels for disseminating information. Interested parties may use the public workstations to access FERC's website and to view FERC documents at no charge.
Members of the public may visit the Public Reference Room of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission at Room 2-A, Commission headquarters, 888 First Street, NE, Washington, DC, 20426 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday. It is closed on Federal holidays.
Public Services and Fees
Filings and other official documents may be viewed free of charge. Fees are charged for printing and photocopying FERC official documents. The Public Reference Room does not offer printing or copying services for materials which have not been officially submitted to or issued by FERC.
Customer Service Levels
Customer Service Levels have been established which identify when you can expect your standard service requests to be filled.
- FAQs: Public Reference Room
- Docket Prefix Information
- Guide to Electronic Information at FERC
- Directory of Commission External Information Collection Requirements
- History of Oil Pipeline Regulation
- Oil Pipeline Ratemaking Methodologies
- An Interstate Natural Gas Pipeline on My Land? What do I need to Know?