Please include the following information in writing (email, fax or mailed letter):
- Write a brief statement that addresses what action you are appealing;
- Include your name, your initial request number and the date of the Commission's action;
- If for some reason a number was not assigned, include a copy of the determination letter; and
- Please do not attach copies of the released documents unless they pertain to some specific point you are raising in your appeal.
- If you believe that there are additional records that have not been located in response to your request, include why you think they exist and perhaps, where you believe they may be located;
- Clearly mark your request (email, fax or mailed letter) and your subject line, cover letter or envelope respectively with the statement "Freedom of Information Act Appeal;" and
- Send your appeal to FERC Headquarters in Washington, DC
Acting General Counsel
Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
888 First Street, NE
Washington, DC 20426
Note: Under FOIA, the General Counsel's Office is required to make a determination on your administrative appeal within 20 business days.