FERC is taking a number of steps to protect the health and safety of our employees and the public, and to help mitigate or slow the transmission of the coronavirus within our communities. We are committed to doing our part to flatten the curve of the Novel Coronavirus disease.
During this challenging time, the health and safety of the American people and the continued reliability of the nation’s energy sector are of crucial importance. The energy industry has taken steps to protect the health and safety of its employees and the public, and to help mitigate or slow the transmission of the coronavirus within their communities. I also have directed that the Commission take steps to protect its staff and the public while ensuring continuity of operations.
All Commissioners and senior agency leaders are in close contact and in constant communication with the Commission’s workforce. FERC remains committed to continuing to carry out our important work and fulfilling our statutory obligations as seamlessly as possible during this time.
FERC Operating Status
The Commission is operating and will continue to fulfill all statutory obligations. FERC offices at 888 First Street NE, Washington, DC, are closed to the public; minimal staff are on site. All Commission employees are authorized to telework and are available via email and phone. Staff are teleconferencing, and are canceling or postponing in-person meetings.
Conferences will be rescheduled or conducted via WebEx.
FERC Administrative Hearings - How the Commission is handling court cases:
- Hearings are now being held remotely pursuant to the Notice of Remote Hearings issued by Chief Judge Cintron on April 23. Notice
- Settlement conferences are being conducted by telephone.
- Oral arguments are being heard via WebEx.
Industry stakeholders in need of information may contact the Liaison’s team at PandemicLiaison@ferc.gov.
- The Department of Energy
- The Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- The White House
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- CISA Memorandum on Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During Covid-19 Response | Updated March 28, 2020 | Updated April 17, 2020
- NATF Pandemic/Pandemic Response Plan Resource | Update May 14, 2020
Coronavirus LiaisonEmail: PandemicLiaison@ferc.gov